Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by amit jaiswal <am...@yahoo.com> on 2010/10/01 08:26:44 UTC

Re: BookKeeper newbie question

Hi,

Can somebody please answer this query.

-regards
Amit

----- Original Message ----
From: amit jaiswal <am...@yahoo.com>
To: zookeeper-user@hadoop.apache.org
Sent: Tue, 28 September, 2010 10:07:33 PM
Subject: BookKeeper newbie question

Hi,

I am experimenting with BookKeeper and have a question on LedgerHandler class.
The readEntries(firstEntry, lastEntry) method takes the indexes of first and
last entries. Also, the LedgerSequence object returned has method
hasMoreElements().

Question:
1. How does a client knows the index of the last entry? I was expecting clients
to make a call like readEntries(0, Integer.MAX_INT) and the hasMoreElements() to

return false the moment there are no more entries. Am I missing something in the

way the API is supposed to be used?

2. The LedgerSequence.hasMoreElements() returns true (even if there are no more
entries), and the nextEntry returns null.

Can someone  please clarify the correct semantics of these APIs.

-amit