Posted to dev@oodt.apache.org by "Mallder, Valerie" <Va...@jhuapl.edu> on 2016/07/13 20:05:25 UTC

Where is this log4j error warning coming from in OODT 1.0?

Hello,

I am in the process of integrating OODT 1.0 into my pipeline (upgrading from 0.10) and I am getting two new warnings in my log file. I am only running workflow manager and file manager and nothing else (yes, I had to copy the filemgr (to resolve CoreMetKeys), crawler (to resolve ProductCrawler), and pge (to resolve STDPGETaskInstance) jar files to workflow/lib). Do workflow manager and file manger use log4j now? The regular logger is working fine.

log4j:WARN No appenders could be found for logger (org.apache.commons.httpclient.HttpClient).

Here is how I am starting both applications,  you can assume all environment variables shown are set to the intended values and they are shown at the bottom for reference.  Let me know if I should change or add a property setting or something here.

# Start file manager
$JAVA_EXECUTABLE -Djava.ext.dirs=${PROJECT_HOME}/lib:${FILEMGR_HOME}/lib \
    -Djava.util.logging.config.file=${FILEMGR_LOGGING_PROPS} \
    -Dorg.apache.oodt.cas.filemgr.properties=${FILEMGR_PROPS} \
    org.apache.oodt.cas.filemgr.system.XmlRpcFileManager --portNum $FILEMGR_PORT &

# Start workflow manager
$JAVA_EXECUTABLE -Djava.ext.dirs=${PROJECT_HOME}/lib:${WORKFLOW_HOME}/lib \
    -Djava.util.logging.config.file=${WORKFLOW_LOGGING_PROPS} \
    -Dorg.apache.oodt.cas.workflow.properties=${WORKFLOW_PROPS} \
    -Dorg.apache.oodt.cas.pge.task.metkeys.legacyMode="true" \
    -Dorg.apache.oodt.cas.pge.task.status.legacyMode="true" \
    org.apache.oodt.cas.workflow.system.XmlRpcWorkflowManager --portNum $WORKFLOW_PORT &

Here are the environment settings

PROJECT_HOME=/project/oodt/dev/jedi
JAVA_EXECUTABLE=/project/oodt/bin/jdk1.8.0_66/bin/java
CURRENT_HOST=slothrop.jhuapl.edu
FILEMGR_HOME=/project/oodt/bin/oodt/cas-filemgr-1.0
FILEMGR_PORT=9016
FILEMGR_PROPS=${PROJECT_HOME}/etc/filemgr/filemgr.properties
FILEMGR_LOGGING_PROPS=${PROJECT_HOME}/etc/filemgr/${CURRENT_HOST}.logging.properties
WORKFLOW_HOME=/project/oodt/bin/oodt/cas-workflow-1.0
WORKFLOW_PORT=9001
WORKFLOW _PROPS=${PROJECT_HOME}/etc/workflow/workflow.properties
WORKFLOW _LOGGING_PROPS=${PROJECT_HOME}/etc/workflow/${CURRENT_HOST}.logging.properties

Thanks for your help!
Val

Re: Where is this log4j error warning coming from in OODT 1.0?

Posted by Tom Barber <to...@meteorite.bi>.
Dunno! I don't believe we've ever created .tar.gz files because the maven
build spits out zip files. I'm sure we could if it was required, but zip is
pretty universal. I pretty much only every build radix builds which just
drags down the maven artifacts, but if you work off of zipped up builds its
something we can deal with.

From: Tom Barber <to...@meteorite.bi>>
Date: Thursday, Jul 14, 2016, 7:29 PM
To: dev@oodt.apache.org <de...@oodt.apache.org>>