Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Joe R <vi...@yahoo.com> on 2003/10/06 16:24:01 UTC

[users@httpd] spam

Folks - I subscribed to these two groups (users and modules) to ask a simple
question and, within about 12 hours of subscribing, started getting spammed.
This royally sucks - to this point I'd managed to keep it out and I was hoping
the apache lists, of all folks, would take some measures to protect their list.
 If I ask for back messages from the list, do you HAVE to put everybodys' email
address in there?  Is there nothing the list owners can do to keep spammers
from getting at the subscribers' email addresses?

boo.

-j

Re: [users@httpd] spam

Posted by Saqib Ali <sa...@seagate.com>.
OffTopic comment: I use yahoo to participate on many mailing list. Yahoo
is the best in filtering out the spam.

I also use a Filtering on my mail client.

Saqib Ali
---------
http://www.xml-dev.com

Re: [users@httpd] spam

Posted by Joshua Slive <jo...@slive.ca>.
On Mon, 6 Oct 2003, Joe R wrote:

> Folks - I subscribed to these two groups (users and modules) to ask a
> simple question and, within about 12 hours of subscribing, started
> getting spammed.

Correlation != Causation.