Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Michael Dagaev <mi...@gmail.com> on 2009/03/23 11:15:07 UTC

Question on HBASE_OPTS

Hi, all

     HBASE_OPTS in hbase-env.sh defines java options for all hbase processes,
i.e. master, region servers, shell, etc. use the same java options.
For example, if we add JMX port to HBASE_OPTS it will be used  by master.
Now if we run the hbase shell we will get a port conflict.

Hadoop does something slightly different. They define HADOOP_OPTS for
common options and HADOOP_NAMENODE_OPTS, HADOOP_DATANODE_OPTS ,
etc. for name node, data node, etc.

Does it make sense to do something similar in the Hbase scripts ?

Thank you for your cooperation,
M.

Re: Question on HBASE_OPTS

Posted by stack <st...@duboce.net>.