Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by Dave Slaughter <da...@purleylax.co.uk> on 2005/10/25 13:19:34 UTC

svn switch --relocate fails for deleted directory

Hi folks,

Had the following issue when I moved my svn repository from my local
machine to a server.  I used the svn switch command on my working copy
as follows (svn switch command was on one line)

svn switch --relocate svn://localhost/lax/purleylax/web/trunk/web
svn://svn.intranet/lax/purleylax/web/trunk/web
svn: Working copy 'web\reports' is missing or not locked

The web\reports directory used to be there, but I had deleted it, and
committed that delete a while ago.  However there is still an entry in
.svn/entires

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<wc-entries
    xmlns="svn:">
<entry
    name="reports"
    kind="dir"
    deleted="true"/>

If I checkout the project this entry does not appear in the entries
file.   So, is the problem that <entry name="reports".. has remained in
the .svn/entries file, or should svn switch --relocate ignore this entry?

I am running

windows XP
Subversion command-line client, version 1.2.3  - server same, though I
started out on 1.1.3 I think

I have obviously worked round this, it's not a big issue.  I just wanted
to report this in case anyone else comes across this issue.

Regards

Dave

Re: svn switch --relocate fails for deleted directory

Posted by Garrett Rooney <ro...@electricjellyfish.net>.
On 10/25/05, Dave Slaughter <da...@purleylax.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi folks,
>
> Had the following issue when I moved my svn repository from my local
> machine to a server.  I used the svn switch command on my working copy
> as follows (svn switch command was on one line)
>
> svn switch --relocate svn://localhost/lax/purleylax/web/trunk/web
> svn://svn.intranet/lax/purleylax/web/trunk/web
> svn: Working copy 'web\reports' is missing or not locked

Thanks for the detailed bug report.  I was about to take a shot at
fixing it when I found that Julian Foad beat me to it, the bug was
fixed on the trunk in r16673, and the change made it into the 1.3.x
branch, so 1.3.0 should no longer have this problem.

-garrett