Posted to modperl@perl.apache.org by Tamas <to...@net800.co.uk> on 2000/11/10 13:02:59 UTC

ApacheDBI persistant connections

I have a problem with persistant connections from my PerlAuthHandler.

If you request a page, then I get 2 persistant connections to the
database. The quickly become sleeping connections. Fine so far.
Wait around 30 seconds and then refresh the page. And get another
2 sleeping connections. Obviously something is not right.

Could it be anything to with the versions of the DBD, DBI, Webserver,
mod_perl? If not, and it is just me being awful, how do I disconnect
those pesky connections?

I have a DESTROY function that I call ( $self->{dbh}->disconnect ),
but that doesn't appear to make any difference.

Thanks for any help,

Tom