Posted to user@mahout.apache.org by Xiaobo Gu <gu...@gmail.com> on 2011/07/12 15:19:42 UTC

File format question about Random forest.

Hi,

The Random Forest partial implementation in
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAHOUT/Partial+Implementation
use the ARFF file format, is ARFF the only supportted file format when
using the BuildForest and TestForest program, and are BuildForest and
TestForest program are official tools to build Random Forest models
from the command line?

Regards,

Xiaobo Gu

Re: File format question about Random forest.

Posted by deneche abdelhakim <ad...@gmail.com>.
I think Hadoop can read files from the local file system by using "file:///"
before the path

Posted by Xiaobo Gu <gu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by deneche abdelhakim <ad...@gmail.com>.
using the Describe tool, the partial implementation Wiki page explains how
to use it. And yes the descriptor file must be supplied

Posted by Xiaobo Gu <gu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by deneche abdelhakim <ad...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Xiaobo Gu <gu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Xiaobo Gu <gu...@gmail.com>.