Posted to user@poi.apache.org by Ricardo Prida <ri...@web.de> on 2018/05/08 11:07:06 UTC

XMLSlideShow.createChart() not implemented?

Hi everyone,

I'm currently working with POI to create PowerPoints.
I created a chart in Excel and everything works fine.
Now I want to add the chart to PowerPoint.
When scrolling through the documentation I noticed XMLSlideShow. createChart() which can't be found when trying to use it though.
I'm using POI 3.17 and added it to my project via Maven. (I already tried using different methods but I get the same problem no matter what I use)

My call is like this:
XMLSlideShow show = new XMLSlideShow ();
XSLFSlide slide = show. createSlide()
show. createChartslide);

The error is the common java error you get when using a function that doesn't exist.

Is it not implemented yet but already in the doc?
I used the versions 3.10 to 3.17.

Thanks in advance and for your time

Re: XMLSlideShow.createChart() not implemented?

Posted by Javen O'Neal <on...@apache.org>.
The docs on the website correspond to the trunk, which is currently
somewhere between 3.17 and 4.0.0.

If you want docs for a specific version of POI, the docs are packaged with
each official release.