Posted to dev@royale.apache.org by Greg Dove <gr...@gmail.com> on 2020/04/05 05:55:18 UTC

RoyalUnit tests now running in release mode

Just a heads-up. I had mentioned to Josh that I wanted to make this change.
There were a couple of compiler changes in recent months that broke release
build behaviour, and having the unit tests working in release mode would
have red-flagged those immediately.

So that is how they are now run. If any tests fail in release mode then the
same tests are run in debug mode, at which point the build fails.
If there is a difference between passing and failing (as a full set of
tests) between js-release and js-debug tests then you should see that
logged in the console as the last thing before the build fails.

Also if there is a fail, there will be junit reports for both release and
debug tests included, so you can compare the tests that failed in
js-release vs. js-debug.

If you are building locally and the test that failed is still in your
browser, you should simply be able to append '?local' to the end of the url
in the browser, hit refresh, and it will run a non-CI version, in this case
you should get some useful information in the browser console (it may not
be that helpful in release mode because of the renaming, but it will
hopefully provide a starting point).

Hope that all makes sense.... and if anyone else wants to join the unit
test party, feel free to start adding more tests. :)

Re: RoyalUnit tests now running in release mode

Posted by Josh Tynjala <jo...@bowlerhat.dev>.
Thanks for getting that working, Greg! I was on my to-do list for a while,
so that's a big help.

--
Josh Tynjala
Bowler Hat LLC <https://bowlerhat.dev>