Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "Gunawan, Rahman (GSFC-703.H)[Halvik Corp]" <ra...@nasa.gov.INVALID> on 2022/06/01 18:35:15 UTC

RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: ActiveMQ 5.15.4 duplicate message detection

The broker detecting duplicates from producers.
Thanks

Rahman

Posted by Simon Lundström <si...@su.se.INVALID>.
Another way is just not to care about dupes from producers and instead
focus on the consumer via the idempotent receiver enterprise integration
pattern[1] since you probably want do that anyway if you want to be sure
not to process the same message multiple times.

As long as the producer uses a stable and unique ID for every message
that is idempotent it won't matter.

Pretty much what Justin said in his mail and also
https://stackoverflow.com/q/62506865 and in the Artemis docs[2].

BR,
- Simon

1,