Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Michal Haris <mi...@visualdna.com> on 2015/07/28 17:59:45 UTC

Generalised Spark-HBase integration

Hi all, last couple of months I've been working on a large graph analytics
and along the way have written from scratch a HBase-Spark integration as
none of the ones out there worked either in terms of scale or in the way
they integrated with the RDD interface. This week I have generalised it
into an (almost) spark module, which works with the latest spark and the
new hbase api, so... sharing! :
https://github.com/michal-harish/spark-on-hbase

--
Michal Haris
Technical Architect

Re: Generalised Spark-HBase integration

Posted by Michal Haris <mi...@visualdna.com>.
Oops, yes, I'm still messing with the repo on a daily basis.. fixed

Posted by Michal Haris <mi...@visualdna.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
I got a compilation error:

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
I got a compilation error:

Posted by Ted Malaska <te...@cloudera.com>.
Sorry this is more correct

RDD and DStream Functions
1. BulkPut
2. BulkGet
3. BulkDelete
4. Foreach with connection
5. Map with connection
6. Distributed Scan
7. BulkLoad

DataFrame Functions
1. BulkPut
2. BulkGet
3. Foreach with connection
4. Map with connection
5. Distributed Scan
6. BulkLoad

Posted by Ted Malaska <te...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Michal Haris <mi...@visualdna.com>.

Posted by Michal Haris <mi...@visualdna.com>.

Posted by Ted Malaska <te...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Michal Haris <mi...@visualdna.com>.

Posted by Michal Haris <mi...@visualdna.com>.

Posted by Ted Malaska <te...@cloudera.com>.
Thanks Michal,

Posted by Jules Damji <jd...@hortonworks.com>.
Brilliant! Will check it out.

Cheers
Jules

--
The Best Ideas Are Simple
Jules Damji

On 7/28/15, 8:59 AM, "Michal Haris" <mi...@visualdna.com>> wrote:

Hi all, last couple of months I've been working on a large graph analytics and along the way have written from scratch a HBase-Spark integration as none of the ones out there worked either in terms of scale or in the way they integrated with the RDD interface. This week I have generalised it into an (almost) spark module, which works with the latest spark and the new hbase api, so... sharing! :  https://github.com/michal-harish/spark-on-hbase

--
Michal Haris
Technical Architect
direct line: +44 (0) 207 749 0229