Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Hazem Saleh <ha...@apache.org> on 2008/10/21 19:16:21 UTC

[VOTE] Having a component module in MyFaces commons

[ ] +1 - I agree.
[ ] +0 - I do not know.
[ ] -1  - I do not want to see components modules in commons, as we already
have component libraries like Tomahawk, Trinidad, Tobago.

--
Hazem Ahmed Saleh Ahmed

Author of (The Definitive Guide to Apache MyFaces and Facelets):
http://www.amazon.com/Definitive-Guide-Apache-MyFaces-Facelets/dp/1590597370

Web blog: http://www.jroller.com/page/HazemBlog

[Web 2.0] Google Maps Integration with JSF:
http://code.google.com/p/gmaps4jsf/
http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=51250

Re: [VOTE] Having a component module in MyFaces commons

Posted by Volker Weber <v....@inexso.de>.
Hi,

2008/10/21 Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>:
> these aren't components.
> These are listeners and should go to commons

should we have a myfaces-commons-listeners? or what do you mean?

We should not create a submodule for every type of components.
But we should start having a submodule for all those non rendering,
renderkit and sublibrary independend
stuff.

+1 for a myfaces-commons-component even if we put listener into.

regards,
  Volker

> tr:fileDownloadActionListener, s:exporterActionListene
>

> On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 7:36 PM, Glauco P. Gomes
> <gl...@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
>> +1 only for components that doesn't render anything, like tr:iterator,
>> t:saveState, tr:fileDownloadActionListener, s:exporterActionListener,
>> s:valueChangeNotifier, etc.
>>
>> Glauco P. Gomes
>>
>> Hazem Saleh escreveu:
>>
>> -1.
>>
>> On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 7:16 PM, Hazem Saleh <ha...@apache.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> [ ] +1 - I agree.
>>> [ ] +0 - I do not know.
>>> [ ] -1  - I do not want to see components modules in commons, as we
>>> already have component libraries like Tomahawk, Trinidad, Tobago.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Hazem Ahmed Saleh Ahmed
>>>
>>> Author of (The Definitive Guide to Apache MyFaces and Facelets):
>>>
>>> http://www.amazon.com/Definitive-Guide-Apache-MyFaces-Facelets/dp/1590597370
>>>
>>> Web blog: http://www.jroller.com/page/HazemBlog
>>>
>>> [Web 2.0] Google Maps Integration with JSF:
>>> http://code.google.com/p/gmaps4jsf/
>>> http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=51250
>>

>> --
>> Hazem Ahmed Saleh Ahmed
>>
>> Author of (The Definitive Guide to Apache MyFaces and Facelets):
>> http://www.amazon.com/Definitive-Guide-Apache-MyFaces-Facelets/dp/1590597370
>>
>> Web blog: http://www.jroller.com/page/HazemBlog
>>
>> [Web 2.0] Google Maps Integration with JSF:
>> http://code.google.com/p/gmaps4jsf/
>> http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=51250
>>

> --
> Matthias Wessendorf

inexso - information exchange solutions GmbH
Bismarckstraße 13      | 26122 Oldenburg
Tel.: +49 441 4082 356 |
FAX:  +49 441 4082 355 | www.inexso.de

Re: [VOTE] Having a component module in MyFaces commons

Posted by Leonardo Uribe <lu...@gmail.com>.
+1 only for listeners or tags that don't render anything.

Posted by Hazem Saleh <ha...@apache.org>.
The exportActionListener now depends only on MyFaces APIs, and now it is
ready to move to MyFaces-common-components.

Posted by Hazem Saleh <ha...@apache.org>.

Posted by Cagatay Civici <ca...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Hazem Saleh <ha...@apache.org>.

Posted by Grant Smith <wo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Robinson <an...@gmail.com>.
+1 on Mike's reply

Posted by Mike Kienenberger <mk...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Gerhard Petracek <ge...@gmail.com>.
concerning the statement of matthias: +1

regards,
gerhard

2008/10/21 Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>

> these aren't components.
> These are listeners and should go to commons
>
> tr:fileDownloadActionListener, s:exporterActionListene
>

> On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 7:36 PM, Glauco P. Gomes
> <gl...@yahoo.com.br> wrote:
> > +1 only for components that doesn't render anything, like tr:iterator,
> > t:saveState, tr:fileDownloadActionListener, s:exporterActionListener,
> > s:valueChangeNotifier, etc.
> >
> > Glauco P. Gomes
> >
> > Hazem Saleh escreveu:
> >
> > -1.
> >
> > On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 7:16 PM, Hazem Saleh <ha...@apache.org> wrote:
> >>
> >> [ ] +1 - I agree.
> >> [ ] +0 - I do not know.
> >> [ ] -1  - I do not want to see components modules in commons, as we
> >> already have component libraries like Tomahawk, Trinidad, Tobago.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Hazem Ahmed Saleh Ahmed
> >>
> >> Author of (The Definitive Guide to Apache MyFaces and Facelets):
> >>

> http://www.amazon.com/Definitive-Guide-Apache-MyFaces-Facelets/dp/1590597370
> >>
> >> Web blog: http://www.jroller.com/page/HazemBlog
> >>
> >> [Web 2.0] Google Maps Integration with JSF:
> >> http://code.google.com/p/gmaps4jsf/
> >> http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=51250
> >

> > --
> > Hazem Ahmed Saleh Ahmed
> >
> > Author of (The Definitive Guide to Apache MyFaces and Facelets):
> >
> http://www.amazon.com/Definitive-Guide-Apache-MyFaces-Facelets/dp/1590597370
> >
> > Web blog: http://www.jroller.com/page/HazemBlog
> >
> > [Web 2.0] Google Maps Integration with JSF:
> > http://code.google.com/p/gmaps4jsf/
> > http://www.theserverside.com/news/thread.tss?thread_id=51250
> >

> --
> Matthias Wessendorf

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

Re: [VOTE] Having a component module in MyFaces commons

Posted by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org>.
these aren't components.

twitter: http://twitter.com/mwessendorf

Re: [VOTE] Having a component module in MyFaces commons

Posted by Grant Smith <wo...@gmail.com>.
-1

On Tue, Oct 21, 2008 at 10:36 AM, Glauco P. Gomes <glaucopgomes@yahoo.com.br

Posted by Hazem Saleh <ha...@apache.org>.