Posted to users@maven.apache.org by S....@abg.com.pl on 2005/07/27 17:23:06 UTC

My maven.dependency.classpath is empty

Hi
I've got a problem. My maven.dependency.classpath is empty. My
maven.repo.local shows correct dir. I've checked .maven/repository and it
is not empty. I can't use libs from .maven/repository. I'm using
maven-1.0.2 on linux. Plz help.

Sebastian

Re: My maven.dependency.classpath is empty

Posted by Andy Glick <an...@acm.org>.
S.Bloch@abg.com.pl wrote:
> Hi
> I've got a problem. My maven.dependency.classpath is empty. My
> maven.repo.local shows correct dir. I've checked .maven/repository and it
> is not empty. I can't use libs from .maven/repository. I'm using
> maven-1.0.2 on linux. Plz help.
>
> Sebastian

Sebastian,

I take it that you have added dependency entries to your project.xml
file, yes?  It may be that your POM (project.xml) has its tags in the
wrong order.

You might want to try "maven pom:validate" and see if that produces
error messages. A more extreme approach is to replace the leading
project tag with the following and running a validating XML parser on
your POM file. When either or both of these runs clean, you ought to see
dependencies.

<project xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance"
xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="http://maven.apache.org/xsd/maven-project-3.0.0.xsd">

You might also want to try the ant pathconvert task, as a path is not a
property and can't be displayed via <echo> but a property converted from
a path can be displayed.

You could also try "maven -X" which triggers debug mode and will produce
voluminous output. If you tried "maven -X jar" you should see lines
which begin "adding dependency" where jars declared in the POM are
loaded into the project classloader.

There is a poor example of a Maven 1 POM at
http://maven.apache.org/start/ten-minute-test.html

I say that its poor because it will not pass pom:validate, and it
certainly doesn't match the Maven 1 schema, but it does show how to
enter dependencies.

I hope that this helps.