Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it> on 2006/06/28 19:33:24 UTC

Please, review commit r. 7894

Hi all,

could you please review the commit I did in rev 7894?
The commit log should be clear enough (I hope) but if you need more
information, please let me know.

I've tested it and it seems to work fine but I'd like to get some
feedback to know if the approach I've followed is correct.

Thanks,

Jacopo

Re: Please, review commit r. 7894

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
Andy,

A. Zeneski wrote:
> There are often cases when a purchase order isn't fully received the remaining items get cancelled and placed on a new po later.
>
> It would be nice to support this, say a po is complete when it is received anything which was not received gets auto-cancelled.
>
> I have seen this a lot.
>
> Andy

thanks for your comment.
I think that what I have implemented could easily be extended to support
what you have described. For example we could create a service that
cancels all the order items that are not issued to a shipment.

Does it make sense?

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
A. Zeneski wrote:
> There are often cases when a purchase order isn't fully received the remaining items get cancelled and placed on a new po later.

That's how we handle POs here.

Re: Please, review commit r. 7894

Splitting the shipment if partially received is an interesting idea, but why not just partially receive the shipment and issue specific quantities as they come in and wait to set the status to received until the entire shipment is received? There may be some issues with this, but it would be more consistent with how we handle orders, etc.

-David

Posted by Jacopo Cappellato <ti...@sastau.it>.
David,

David E. Jones wrote:

> Splitting the shipment if partially received is an interesting idea, but
> why not just partially receive the shipment and issue specific
> quantities as they come in and wait to set the status to received until
> the entire shipment is received? There may be some issues with this, but
> it would be more consistent with how we handle orders, etc.
>
> -David

really thanks for your prompt response.
What you are suggesting is a good approach, it's simple and it works
fine (I've tested it).
However, if we want to record the actual shipments from the supplier the
alternative approach that I've implemented could be sometimes useful.

Let's say that I've created a purchase order for 100 units of WG-1111
(my favorite widget!); the supplier says he will send all the items with
one shipment; however when the shipment arrives, I discover that he sent
me only 90 units; I'll have to call the supplier and we will have to
schedule another shipment for the remaining 10 units (let's say for the
next month): it would be nice to close the first shipment and create a
new one. Or I could agree with the supplier to close the shipment and
cancel the remaining 10 units from the purchase order.

Posted by "David E. Jones" <jo...@ofbiz.org>.