Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by puneet sachar <pu...@yahoo.com> on 2002/02/21 20:31:16 UTC

Guys Tomcat Vs Oracle Problem _Puneet Sachar

No sucharitha ..

u took my whole question worng

actually we have a servlet project runing with tomcat
and we have jdk1.3 installed ad tomcat need
jdk1.3/lib/tools.jar file

now when we installed oracle ..which is needed by VB
guys ur tomcat showing "bad command of file nale" on
starting it

and when i did few modification eroor changes but
tomcat didn't start

plz tell me Sucharitha or any one help me project dead
line is coming...and this time tamcat...

anyways plz guys

Re: Guys Tomcat Vs Oracle Problem _Puneet Sachar

Posted by hanasaki <ha...@hanaden.com>.
I think you are saying:
1. you installed Oracle on win 9x
2. now tomcat stopped working
3. thus tomcat is going to be killed out of the project?
- If this is correct - nice problem solving skills

1. 9x is not a solid platform for production
2. use a unix or 2000
3. develop on the same platform as you test and deploy on

***** here is the biggie *********
Out of env space is a MS problem!

--
hanasaki@hanaden.com
	Spam : def: It's not kosher.

RE: Guys Tomcat Vs Oracle Problem _Puneet Sachar

Posted by Ricky Leung <ri...@booksense.com>.
why don't you try installing the other way around to see if it works.

If you are not using oracle's app server, pick the ones that you only need
so it doesn't install JRE.  All you really need to have oracle is the main
oracle and some thin drivers running.

Then install your JDK1.3 and make sure that's the only JRE in windows.
Check to make sure in the registry that under JavaSoft, there's only one.
Windows is very messy with this and you might have to really clean it up
before you can install everything correctly.

Finally, install Tomcat and see if the example apps work as well.