Posted to dev@ofbiz.apache.org by Bruno Busco <br...@gmail.com> on 2008/09/07 11:41:37 UTC

Getting more consistence in the way the Edit Screens are accessed

Hi All,
I noted that the way to access to Edit screens from a item list is sometime
not consistent:

sometimes like here:
https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/catalog/control/FindProductConfigItems
there is the "Edit" button ONLY

sometimes like here:
https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/catalog/control/EditFeatureCategories
there is the hyperlink on the ID ONLY

sometimes like here:
https://demo.hotwaxmedia.com/catalog/control/FindProductStore
there is BOTH the hyperlink AND the "Edit" button

Could we agree with a standard so that we can fix it?

I personally think that the Edit screen should always be available using the
hyperlink on the Item Id or name (generally displayed in the first column).
So I propose to get rid of the "Edit" buttons and adding the hyperlinks
where there are not.

What do you think about?
-Bruno

Re: Getting more consistence in the way the Edit Screens are accessed

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Bruno,

Surprised that this mail got through in HTML format (Ho, I see ... I received only the one destined to me)
Actually I like it more, even if this means more bytes on wires, but not when it comes to make inlines comments ;o)

About topic : I agree with you as long as we are sure there are no misunderstandings in UI conventions.
I'm sure you understand me as you are also concerned by UI consistency.

Thanks

Jacques

Posted by Bruno Busco <br...@gmail.com>.

From: "Bruno Busco" <br...@gmail.com>