Posted to dev@mynewt.apache.org by Lm Chew <lm...@free2move.se> on 2017/01/18 05:37:01 UTC

IDE used for Mynewt Development

Hi,

Before moving to mynewt platform, I worked with Nordic SDK using Eclipse IDE and uses CDT Parser to parse the makefile output to display useful information in Eclipse. And was able to use the GDB to perform debugging in Eclipse.

(https://devzone.nordicsemi.com/tutorials/7/)

Tutorials - Nordic Developer Zone<https://devzone.nordicsemi.com/tutorials/7/>
devzone.nordicsemi.com
Development with GCC and Eclipse. This tutorial is for developers who want to use Eclipse, the GNU compiler collection (GCC), and the GNU Debugger (GDB) to develop ...

But in mynewt I am not sure how to get newt to output the required data to the CDT Parser.

So I like to know what IDE do you normally use to develop and debug mynewt?

Is there a way that I can develop mynewt in Eclipse?

Best Regards,

Chew

Re: IDE used for Mynewt Development

Posted by aditi hilbert <ad...@runtime.io>.

> I was actually planning to create short tutorial on how to use Eclipse for
> Mynewt based on our experience. I can't promise anything, but perhaps I'll
> have some spare time to finally write this down and share soon.

+1

This would be great! Let me know if I can help in any way.

thanks,
aditi

Re: IDE used for Mynewt Development

Posted by Lm Chew <lm...@free2move.se>.
Hi Andrzej,

It is good to know that developing on Eclipse IDE with all its bell and whistle is posible.

Thanks, that setup tutorial will be a great help to me and others looking to setup the same way.

Best Regards,
Chew

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 5:05pm, Andrzej Kaczmarek <an...@codecoup.pl>> wrote:

Hi Chew,

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 6:37 AM, Lm Chew <lm...@free2move.se> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> Before moving to mynewt platform, I worked with Nordic SDK using Eclipse
> IDE and uses CDT Parser to parse the makefile output to display useful
> information in Eclipse. And was able to use the GDB to perform debugging in
> Eclipse.
>
> (https://devzone.nordicsemi.com/tutorials/7/)
>
> Tutorials - Nordic Developer Zone<https://devzone.
> nordicsemi.com/tutorials/7/>
> devzone.nordicsemi.com
> Development with GCC and Eclipse. This tutorial is for developers who want
> to use Eclipse, the GNU compiler collection (GCC), and the GNU Debugger
> (GDB) to develop ...
>

> But in mynewt I am not sure how to get newt to output the required data to
> the CDT Parser.
>

> So I like to know what IDE do you normally use to develop and debug mynewt?
>

> Is there a way that I can develop mynewt in Eclipse?

Yes, we use Eclipse for Mynewt in our company. I could not find any
tutorial on how to setup this properly though, so had to figure out working
setup myself - with proper configuration developing and debugging Mynewt in
Eclipse is a breeze.

I was actually planning to create short tutorial on how to use Eclipse for
Mynewt based on our experience. I can't promise anything, but perhaps I'll
have some spare time to finally write this down and share soon.

BR,
Andrzej

Re: IDE used for Mynewt Development

Posted by Andrzej Kaczmarek <an...@codecoup.pl>.