Posted to common-user@hadoop.apache.org by Zhe Li <al...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/21 01:02:42 UTC

Is there any way to limit the concurrent running mappers per job?

Hi, after upgraded to Hadoop 2 (yarn), I found that
'mapred.jobtracker.taskScheduler.maxRunningTasksPerJob' no longer worked,
right?

One workaround is to use queue to limit it, but it's not easy to control it
from job submitter.
Is there any way to limit the concurrent running mappers per job?
Any documents or discussions before?

BTW, any way to search this mailing list before I post a new question?

Thanks very much.

Re: Is there any way to limit the concurrent running mappers per job?

Posted by Zhe Li <al...@gmail.com>.
Great, thanks you guys.

Posted by Zhe Li <al...@gmail.com>.
Great, thanks you guys.

Posted by Zhe Li <al...@gmail.com>.
Great, thanks you guys.

Posted by Zhe Li <al...@gmail.com>.
Great, thanks you guys.

Posted by "Naganarasimha G R (Naga)" <ga...@huawei.com>.
Thanks for the info Harsh,

--
Harsh J

RE: Is there any way to limit the concurrent running mappers per job?

Posted by "Naganarasimha G R (Naga)" <ga...@huawei.com>.
Thanks for the info Harsh,

--
Harsh J

RE: Is there any way to limit the concurrent running mappers per job?

Posted by "Naganarasimha G R (Naga)" <ga...@huawei.com>.
Thanks for the info Harsh,

--
Harsh J

RE: Is there any way to limit the concurrent running mappers per job?

Posted by "Naganarasimha G R (Naga)" <ga...@huawei.com>.
Thanks for the info Harsh,

--
Harsh J

Re: Is there any way to limit the concurrent running mappers per job?

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Is there any way to limit the concurrent running mappers per job?

Posted by Zhe Li <al...@gmail.com>.
mapreduce.jobtracker.taskscheduler.maxrunningtasks.perjob can not works
either.

Forgot to mention, I'm using hadoop-2.3.0-cdh5.1.0.
I greped the source code, mapred.jobtracker.taskScheduler.maxRunningTasksPerJob
is only available in
src/hadoop-mapreduce1-project/src/mapred/org/apache/hadoop/mapred/LimitTasksPerJobTaskScheduler.java.
I think it's compatible with YARN's scheculer.

Posted by "Naganarasimha G R (Naga)" <ga...@huawei.com>.
Hi Zhe,

AFAIK there is no such explicit requirement to support MR clients limiting the number of containers/tasks for a given job at any given point of time.
In fact as explained earlier Admin can control this by queue capacity, max capacity and user specific capacity configurations.
Is there any particular use-case where you want to control from client side instead of queue configurations ?

Regards,
Naga

________________________________

Posted by Zhe Li <al...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Naga for your reply.

Posted by Zhe Li <al...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Naga for your reply.

Posted by Zhe Li <al...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Naga for your reply.

Posted by Zhe Li <al...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Naga for your reply.

Posted by Zhe Li <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Zhe Li <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Zhe Li <al...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Sanjeev Tripurari <sa...@inmobi.com>.
Hi,

Check if this works for you,
mapreduce.jobtracker.taskscheduler.maxrunningtasks.perjob

Some properties have been changed with yarn implementation
https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-common/DeprecatedProperties.html

-Sanjeev

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 4:32 AM, Zhe Li <al...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, after upgraded to Hadoop 2 (yarn), I found that
> 'mapred.jobtracker.taskScheduler.maxRunningTasksPerJob' no longer worked,
> right?
>
> One workaround is to use queue to limit it, but it's not easy to control
> it from job submitter.
> Is there any way to limit the concurrent running mappers per job?
> Any documents or discussions before?
>
> BTW, any way to search this mailing list before I post a new question?
>
> Thanks very much.

receipt.

Re: Is there any way to limit the concurrent running mappers per job?

Posted by Sanjeev Tripurari <sa...@inmobi.com>.
Hi,

Check if this works for you,
mapreduce.jobtracker.taskscheduler.maxrunningtasks.perjob

Some properties have been changed with yarn implementation
https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-common/DeprecatedProperties.html

-Sanjeev

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 4:32 AM, Zhe Li <al...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, after upgraded to Hadoop 2 (yarn), I found that
> 'mapred.jobtracker.taskScheduler.maxRunningTasksPerJob' no longer worked,
> right?
>
> One workaround is to use queue to limit it, but it's not easy to control
> it from job submitter.
> Is there any way to limit the concurrent running mappers per job?
> Any documents or discussions before?
>
> BTW, any way to search this mailing list before I post a new question?
>
> Thanks very much.

receipt.

Re: Is there any way to limit the concurrent running mappers per job?

Posted by Sanjeev Tripurari <sa...@inmobi.com>.
Hi,

Check if this works for you,
mapreduce.jobtracker.taskscheduler.maxrunningtasks.perjob

Some properties have been changed with yarn implementation
https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-common/DeprecatedProperties.html

-Sanjeev

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 4:32 AM, Zhe Li <al...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, after upgraded to Hadoop 2 (yarn), I found that
> 'mapred.jobtracker.taskScheduler.maxRunningTasksPerJob' no longer worked,
> right?
>
> One workaround is to use queue to limit it, but it's not easy to control
> it from job submitter.
> Is there any way to limit the concurrent running mappers per job?
> Any documents or discussions before?
>
> BTW, any way to search this mailing list before I post a new question?
>
> Thanks very much.

receipt.

Re: Is there any way to limit the concurrent running mappers per job?

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Is there any way to limit the concurrent running mappers per job?

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Is there any way to limit the concurrent running mappers per job?

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.

--
Harsh J

Re: Is there any way to limit the concurrent running mappers per job?

Posted by Sanjeev Tripurari <sa...@inmobi.com>.
Hi,

Check if this works for you,
mapreduce.jobtracker.taskscheduler.maxrunningtasks.perjob

Some properties have been changed with yarn implementation
https://hadoop.apache.org/docs/stable/hadoop-project-dist/hadoop-common/DeprecatedProperties.html

-Sanjeev

On Tue, Apr 21, 2015 at 4:32 AM, Zhe Li <al...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, after upgraded to Hadoop 2 (yarn), I found that
> 'mapred.jobtracker.taskScheduler.maxRunningTasksPerJob' no longer worked,
> right?
>
> One workaround is to use queue to limit it, but it's not easy to control
> it from job submitter.
> Is there any way to limit the concurrent running mappers per job?
> Any documents or discussions before?
>
> BTW, any way to search this mailing list before I post a new question?
>
> Thanks very much.

receipt.