Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Mohan.Radhakrishnan" <mo...@fss.co.in> on 2010/07/06 16:11:24 UTC

Log as a template for a report

Hi,
         We are writing several logs as text files. This is used by the ops.
teams but we also want the capability to convert the logs files to reports.
These reports could be HTML or PDF and the FreeMarker templating engine can
achieve this.

So there could be two types of log formats for each log. One is a text file
and the other could be XML so that FreeMarker can transform it into HTML or
PDF.

I have two questions.

1. What is the kind of load added when each log is written in two formats ?
I know this involves load testing.

2. Is there a facility in log4j that allows plug points for FreeMarker etc.
?

What is the general approach followed to show logs as reports ?

Thanks,
Mohan