Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by Debraj Manna <su...@gmail.com> on 2019/03/01 16:44:45 UTC

Zookeeper 3.4.13 - Back and restore a zookeeper cluster

Hi

Can someone let me know how can I back up and restore a zookeeper ensemble
of 3 nodes?

I am looking for back up and restore by shutting down all nodes in the
ensemble.

Zookeeper Version - 3.4.13

Thanks,

Re: Zookeeper 3.4.13 - Back and restore a zookeeper cluster

Posted by Jordan Zimmerman <jo...@jordanzimmerman.com>.
FYI - backup and restore of ZooKeeper is not trivial. I wrote a post about this a while back:

Apache ZooKeeper Backup, a Treatise - https://www.elastic.co/blog/zookeeper-backup-a-treatise

-Jordan

> On Mar 1, 2019, at 11:44 AM, Debraj Manna <su...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi
>
> Can someone let me know how can I back up and restore a zookeeper ensemble
> of 3 nodes?
>
> I am looking for back up and restore by shutting down all nodes in the
> ensemble.
>
> Zookeeper Version - 3.4.13
>
> Thanks,

AW: Zookeeper 3.4.13 - Back and restore a zookeeper cluster

Posted by Ar...@dlr.de.
This can be trivial, depending on what kind of metadata you store in ZK.
I store only UTF-8 encoded strings and numbers, therefore backup is just a simply dump of all keys/values into a local JSON-files.
This can be restored back into a fresh ZK cluster at any time in no time.
It's just a 20 line Python script or so.

Cheers
Arne