Posted to user@giraph.apache.org by Cheng Wang <su...@gmail.com> on 2015/04/24 21:56:13 UTC

Build an Giraph example

Hi all,

I am kinda new to Apache Giraph. I am wondering for a program written in
Giraph (e.g. SSSP under the folder giraph-example), how to build that
program only? Currently I could only build all the package which seems too
slow and unnecessary. Please let me know.

Thanks
Cheng

Re: Build an Giraph example

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
On Fri, Apr 24, 2015 at 12:56 PM, Cheng Wang <su...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am kinda new to Apache Giraph. I am wondering for a program written in
> Giraph (e.g. SSSP under the folder giraph-example), how to build that
> program only? Currently I could only build all the package which seems too
> slow and unnecessary. Please let me know.

If you're using latest release of Giraph (1.1.0) you don't have to build
everything from scratch you can utilize the Maven artifacts published
as part of the release. In fact, you can simply download a binary tarball:
    http://mirrors.ibiblio.org/apache/giraph/giraph-1.1.0/giraph-dist-1.1.0-bin.tar.gz
and use it as-is.

Thanks,
Roman.