Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by Massimo Manghi <mx...@apache.org> on 2017/05/10 14:09:32 UTC

request handling further simplified

Few tests on the current mod_rivet_ng code made by Damon verified the
parse infinite recursion problem was fixed and he proposed a few more
changes to the ::Rivet::request_handling procedure. We converged on the
same view of exploiting the flexibility of the model by dropping the
(maybe) last relicts of the former code: ::Rivet::initialize_request and
::Rivet::cleanup_request

These undocumented procedures's role overlaps with the features provided
by the already existing configurable scripts (namely BeforeScript,
AfterScript and AfterEveryScript) but the point is that there is enough
flexibility in the current scheme and in ::Rivet::request_handling that
doesn't require any more articulation of a request processing

The road towards the release of 3.0 requires the manual be amended and
completed. I'm still fancying to copy the pages that don't require
rewriting/correction into some new documentation engine.

  -- Massimo