Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Michael Steindl <m....@gmx.net> on 2001/07/16 14:17:30 UTC

problem with webapp_module and redhat 7.1/apache 1.3

hi there,

trying to build my mod_webapp.so module for the apache1.3 / tomcat 4.0
integration, the following error occures, after building the module
successfully and trying to start apache:

# /etc/init.d/httpd start
Starting httpd: Syntax error on line 5 of /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /etc/httpd/modules/mod_webapp.so into server:
/etc/httpd/modules/mod_webapp.so: undefined symbol: pthread_sigmask
                                                           [FAILED]

the miracle is, that, whenever i make clean everything and rebuild the whole
module (including apr recompile) the file size differs.

can anyone help me?

cu,
ms.

Re: problem with webapp_module and redhat 7.1/apache 1.3

Posted by rb...@covalent.net.
Questions like this need to go to the tomcat-dev list.  That is where they
are working on mod_webapp.  We can answer questions about building APR in
general, but we just don't tend to know about tomcat's build procedure.

My best guess is that the EXTRA_LIBS from APRVARS are not being linked
into the server.

That is a guess however, having never looked at mod_webapp.

Ryan