Posted to user@poi.apache.org by salmas <ss...@ecascabel.com> on 2008/03/25 15:21:23 UTC

How can I do superscript font on only part of a cells contents

I need to display strings with superscript numbers at the end in my excel
sheet such as those mentioned in
http://www.sunybroome.edu/~biegen_j/strength/help/super.htm

I know I can do this for the entire cell but don't have any idea about how
to do it for only part of the contents 0f a cell. I can do it manually in
excel by slecting the part I want as superscript and changing the selections
font by doing Format->Cells->Font and clicking the superscript on.

Re: How can I do superscript font on only part of a cells contents

Posted by Nick Burch <ni...@torchbox.com>.
On Tue, 25 Mar 2008, salmas wrote:
> I know I can do this for the entire cell but don't have any idea about
> how to do it for only part of the contents 0f a cell.

http://poi.apache.org/apidocs/org/apache/poi/hssf/usermodel/HSSFRichTextString.html

Apply the superscript font to just the part of the cell's (string)
contents that you want to be different

Nick