Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by hrbaer <he...@gmail.com> on 2011/03/28 13:24:08 UTC

issue with

Hi all,

let's assume there is a form with an input field an two buttons: submit and
reset.
Within the java code I add a new form component (extends Form) with an input
field and implement the onSubmit() method.

But: Is there a chance to implement some onReset() method so I can do some
more stuff apart from cleaning the input field (which I cannot influence)?

Thanks in advance.

Re: issue with

Posted by Josh Kamau <jo...@gmail.com>.
Hi

You can add a wicket button on your form and implement onClick/onSubmit on
the button.

There many buttons including ajax enabled ones. See javadocs for details.

Something like

<form ....>
   <button wicket:id="myButton"></button>
</form>

myForm.add(new Button("myButton"){
         @Override
            public void onSubmit() {
                //do your stuff here
            }

})

Josh.

RE: issue with

Posted by hrbaer <he...@gmail.com>.
thanks - that's it.

RE: issue with

Posted by Wilhelmsen Tor Iver <To...@arrive.no>.
> And idea how to avoid that behaviour?

resetButton.setDefaultFormProcessing(false);

- Tor Iver

Re: issue with

Posted by hrbaer <he...@gmail.com>.
Meanwhile I tried to add another submit button and just labeling that as a
reset button.
This is almost working but after calling the onSubmit method of my "reset
button" the onSubmit method of my form get's triggered as well?!

This is my button:
            Button resetButton  = new Button("reset") {

                public void onSubmit() {
                    doSomething();
                }
            };