Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by IT Consultant <0b...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/11 18:01:22 UTC

Kafka security

Hi All

How can I avoid using password for keystore creation ?

Our corporate policies doesn't​allow us to hardcore password. We are
currently passing keystore password while accessing TLS enabled Kafka
instance .

I would like to use either passwordless keystore or avoid password for
cleint accessing Kafka .

Please help

Re: Kafka security

Posted by Christian Csar <ch...@csar.us>.
Don't hard code it. Martin's suggestion allows it to be read from a
configuration file or injected from another source such as an environment
variable at runtime.

If you neither of these are acceptable for corporate policy I suggest
asking how it has been handled before at your company.

Christian

On Apr 11, 2017 11:10, "IT Consultant" <0b...@gmail.com> wrote:

Thanks for your response .

We aren't allowed to hard code  password in any of our program

Re: Kafka security

Posted by IT Consultant <0b...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for your response .

Re: Kafka security