Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com> on 1996/09/04 21:42:00 UTC

Re: Apache 1.1.1 and user authentication (fwd)

last of the batch.
not acked.

----- Forwarded message from Massimiliano Liccardo -----

Date: Wed, 4 Sep 1996 14:35:43 +0200
From: Massimiliano Liccardo <ml...@tim.it>
To: apache-bugs@mail.apache.org
Subject: Re: Apache 1.1.1 and user authentication

 Hi,
 I'm trying to setup up Apache 1.1.1 under Linux to authenticate users.
 Unfortunately my Linux distribution does not have a crypt routine, so I
 had to write the user file from my /etc/passwd file lines, but it does not
 work!!!
 How can I write my user file correctly ???
 I think that apache does not use the Linux crypt routine ......

--
Max Liccardo		        mliccardo@tim.it

				"..fatti non foste per viver come bruti,
				 ma per seguir virtute e cAnoscenza .."

----- End of forwarded message from Massimiliano Liccardo -----