Posted to users@maven.apache.org by ar...@za.safmarine.com on 2004/03/15 17:17:20 UTC

/ /OREF:CPT8F9CD Re: Include resource required by test

Ok now I have got Maven to include my XML and DTD files but it
includes the directory structure from my source directory included!
so it looks like this:

$project/bin/classes/com/.../.../.../ (my source)
$project/bin/classes/src/my.xml
$project/bin/classes/src/com/.../.../.../my.dtd

The xml and dtd file should have not included the "src directory".
should have been:
$project/bin/classes/com/.../.../.../ (my source)
$project/bin/classes/my.xml
$project/bin/classes/com/.../.../.../my.dtd

Any ideas how to get around this or am I doing something wrong...

--Alen

             Alen
             Ribic/scs/Linernet@Li
             nernet                                                                                                    To
                                           users@maven.apache.org
             03/15/2004 04:54 PM                                                                                       cc

                                                                                                                  Subject
               Please respond to           / /OREF:CPT0DDDD Include resource required by test
             users@maven.apache.or

Hi All,

I have a Test class that requires to load a XML file.
I do it like this:
Thread.currentThread().getContextClassLoader
().getResource(Constants.XML_CONFIG_FILENAME_DEFAULT)
Issue is that my Maven project does not include my xml/dtd files, so
the test fails to load the xml resource.

My XML file is located in root source directory.
$project/src/my.xml
$project/src/com/.../.../.../

I have played around with my project.xml <build/> stuff with no luck.

How does Maven go about running tests in terms of resource locating,
classpaths, etc.?
Where does it run test from in relation to directory structure?

Regards,
--Alen