Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Tim Mitsch <t....@pragmaticindustries.de> on 2019/03/01 09:44:56 UTC

[S7-Scraper| scraper functionality extension

Hi everybody,

we currently have an application where a block of data from an S7 device shall only be acquired when a specific variable has been set to a specific value.
So for this application we need something like a triggered scraping job rather then the existing scheduled scraping job.
Right now i’m developping a solution for that, based on the existing scraper, in a forked repo ... will this be something thats interesting as well for productive repo?

What do you think or any ideas for further scraper functionality?

Best
Tim

Re: [S7-Scraper| scraper functionality extension

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Tim,

I think that's a great addition. To me it looks as if "Timer" and "Value Change" are just different trigger mechanisms.
If this is implemented in a non-hacky way (which I would not expect) I think supporting different trigger strategies sounds great and it would be a good addition to the PLC4X project.
Could even imagine having some sort of externally triggerable mechanism.

Chris