Posted to user@tika.apache.org by Nick Burch <ni...@apache.org> on 2014/09/23 00:21:29 UTC

Tika at ApacheCon Europe - 2 months time!

Hi All

It's only 2 months to go until ApacheCon Europe in Budapest. I'm
simultaneously exciting by all the great Tika stuff going on, and worried
by how many talks I need to finish writing...

As usual for an ApacheCon, we've a number of talks about Tika going on,
and almost certainly a hackathon and/or meetup one evening. There's also
lots of related talks too, covering technologies that Tika builds on, and
ones you can use Tika with. For a full schedule, see:
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-europe/program/schedule

If you're based in Europe, and involved in Tika, we'd love to see you
there in November!

For those who can't make it to Budapest, we hope to have a similar level
of talks at ApacheCon US 2015 in Austin, Texas in April, so save the date!
http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america

Nick

Re: Tika at ApacheCon Europe - 2 months time!

Posted by Chris Mattmann <ch...@gmail.com>.
That is awesome guys.

Tons of great stuff to hack on!

------------------------
Chris Mattmann
chris.mattmann@gmail.com

Posted by Chris Mattmann <ch...@gmail.com>.
That is awesome guys.

Posted by David Meikle <lo...@gmail.com>.
Hey Nick,

Posted by David Meikle <lo...@gmail.com>.
Hey Nick,

Posted by Sergey Beryozkin <sb...@gmail.com>.
Hi
On 22/09/14 23:21, Nick Burch wrote:
> Hi All
>
> It's only 2 months to go until ApacheCon Europe in Budapest. I'm
> simultaneously exciting by all the great Tika stuff going on, and
> worried by how many talks I need to finish writing...
>
> As usual for an ApacheCon, we've a number of talks about Tika going on,
> and almost certainly a hackathon and/or meetup one evening. There's also
> lots of related talks too, covering technologies that Tika builds on,
> and ones you can use Tika with. For a full schedule, see:
> http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-europe/program/schedule
>
> If you're based in Europe, and involved in Tika, we'd love to see you
> there in November!
>

> For those who can't make it to Budapest, we hope to have a similar level
> of talks at ApacheCon US 2015 in Austin, Texas in April, so save the
> date! http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america

A CXF colleague of mine, Andriy Redko, who can not make it to Budapest,
may submit a talk about a light weight Tika and Apache CXF integration
to ApacheCon NA 2015, will depend on his schedule/etc, but I hope he
will find a time to submit, the demo he built is top class :-)

Thanks, Sergey