Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Foo Shyn <fo...@mnc.com.my> on 2005/07/14 08:48:52 UTC

Tomcat5.0 Database Connection Pooling Configuration

Hi there,

Have a question on dbcp settings. I'd done the settings by configuring the server.xml and the web.xml of my application and it works fine. But since i need to install multiple application on the same Tomcat server, i'll need to place different <context> tag in the server.xml for each application to enable the datasource for each of my apps. Since my apps are all connecting to a same database server, is there any configuration method that allows me to setup once in server.xml (such as setting a 'common context') and let my web.xml to handle the rest?

Thanx.

Regards,
F.S.

Re: [OT] robots.txt

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
Marked OT.

On 7/14/05, Eric J. Pastoor <ep...@vt.edu> wrote:
> The msn bot has been hammering one of my webapps for about 2 weeks now. I
> have a calendar style transaction page that is not password protected.
> Essentially this calendar goes on forever. This means that the msn bot is
> basically going on forever.  It is making my log files insanely large.  Is
> there a way to create a robots.txt file for basically one servlet instead of
> everything?

In theory, yes, by using the disallow directive appropriately. For
example, this snippet recommends all bots stay away from your CGI
scripts.

Disallow: /cgi-bin/

and this one recommends that badbot stays away from the GoodServlet

Disallow: /servlets/GoodServlet

-Rahul

Re: Assistance

Posted by Nidhi Batra <ni...@yahoo.com>.
Sure, me and Lalit(email ID in the CC) are very much
interested in this. Please let us know the exact
requirements.

-Nidhi (416.848.3719)

Assistance

Posted by Medha Parathasarathy <me...@fastmail.fm>.
Hi

Starting Tomcat 5.0.19 without the console

Re: robots.txt

Posted by "Eric J. Pastoor" <ep...@vt.edu>.
thanks for your help with both the meta solution as well as the servlet
solution.

~eric

Re: robots.txt

Posted by Mark Benussi <ma...@hotmail.com>.

Re: robots.txt

Posted by Tim Funk <fu...@joedog.org>.

robots.txt

Posted by "Eric J. Pastoor" <ep...@vt.edu>.
The msn bot has been hammering one of my webapps for about 2 weeks now. I
have a calendar style transaction page that is not password protected.
Essentially this calendar goes on forever. This means that the msn bot is
basically going on forever.  It is making my log files insanely large.  Is
there a way to create a robots.txt file for basically one servlet instead of
everything?

thanks for your help,
eric

Strange problem with tomcat 5.5.9

Posted by Paulo Neves <ig...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

I've a strange problem with my tomcat.

When I have a network problem with my router my tomcat that is install
in another machine reload webapps (balancer, manager, admin ) except
my webapp.
If i run tomcat manager and see webapps list, manager said that webapp
is running but is not.
To solve this problem I have to restart my webapp in tomcat manager or
restart tomcat.

What could be ?

Tech info about my server:
Red Hat 9.0
Tomcat 5.5.9
Java 1.5.0_03

Router is win98 :( with winconnection

Thanks,
Paulo

Re: Tomcat5.0 Database Connection Pooling Configuration

Posted by Alon Belman <al...@gmail.com>.
you can define resources for all of a host's contexts by using a
GlobalNamingResources element

see here for more info:
http://jakarta.apache.org/tomcat/tomcat-5.0-doc/config/globalresources.html