Posted to modproxy-dev@apache.org by Cody Sherr <cs...@covalent.net> on 2001/08/22 03:49:21 UTC

building mod_proxy into apache 2.0

Are there build instructions for building Apache 2.0 with the http proxy
enabled? The only reference at apache.org I found has a dead link:

http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_proxy.html

thanks,

--
Cody Sherr

Engineer
Covalent Technologies

phone: (415)536-5292
email: csherr@covalent.net

Re: keepAlive in Apache 1.3.19 proxy

Posted by Graham Leggett <mi...@sharp.fm>.
Atul Faldu wrote:

> I am trying to have persistent connection in Apache
> PROXY 1.3.19 but I am unable to get it so far.
> I applied the latest patch available on apache's site.
> Still the connection doesn't remain persistent.

Are you talking about persistence between the browser and proxy, or the
proxy and backend?

Browser -> proxy persistence should work, proxy -> backend persistence
won't.

Regards,
Graham
minfrin@sharp.fm		"There's a moon
					over Bourbon Street
						tonight..."

keepAlive in Apache 1.3.19 proxy

Posted by Atul Faldu <af...@yahoo.com>.
Hi All!

I am trying to have persistent connection in Apache
PROXY 1.3.19 but I am unable to get it so far.
I applied the latest patch available on apache's site.
Still the connection doesn't remain persistent.

Has anyone tried to have persistent connection in
Apache PROXY 1.3.19? If so, did you get it or not? Do
you have the same problem?

Even after applying the patch, I still see in
proxy_http.c file that the code for keepalive is not
there (line # 351).

If you have any useful links for the files or
documentation for persistent connection in Proxy,
please send me.

Also, when Apache 2.0.16 is going to be available in
production version? It is available in beta version
right now.

Hope to get the reply from any of you.
Thanks,
Atul

http://im.yahoo.com

Re: building mod_proxy into apache 2.0

Posted by Ian Holsman <Ia...@cnet.com>.
On Wed, 2001-08-22 at 11:42, Eli Marmor wrote:
> Ian Holsman wrote:
>
> > for the moment,
> > copy httpd-proxy/module-2.0/*
> > to httpd-2.0/modules/proxy
>
> What versions of Apache and mod_proxy exactly?
> Latest from the CVSes?
> 2.0.24?
> Specific snapshots?

there is a '2.0.24' tag in the CVS for mod-proxy that you should use
with the 2.0.24 alpha tarball released a while ago. no tarball of the
proxy code was made (and probably won't be, as .24 has a big bug in
mod-include)

I build from the CVS of both.
I said for the moment, as where the proxy code lives is still in a state
of flux. the plan was to move it back into the main tree. If this
happens then we don't have to do anything config-wise

some other people belive it should be a seperate project, if this is the
case we need to get something going using apxs. (IMHO)

the proxy code is stable, bar some niggly problems I have seen

..Ian
> Does the word you used ("for the MOMENT") hint that you used the CVSes,
> and that they are synchronized with each other, and stable more or less?

Ian Holsman
Performance Measurement & Analysis
CNET Networks    -    415 364-8608

Re: building mod_proxy into apache 2.0

Posted by Eli Marmor <ma...@netmask.it>.
Ian Holsman wrote:

> for the moment,
> copy httpd-proxy/module-2.0/*
> to httpd-2.0/modules/proxy

What versions of Apache and mod_proxy exactly?
Latest from the CVSes?
2.0.24?
Specific snapshots?

Does the word you used ("for the MOMENT") hint that you used the CVSes,
and that they are synchronized with each other, and stable more or less?

Eli Marmor
marmor@netmask.it
CTO, Founder
Fax.:   +972-9-766-1314          P.O.B. 7004
Mobile: +972-50-23-7338          Kfar-Saba 44641, Israel

Re: building mod_proxy into apache 2.0

Posted by Ian Holsman <ia...@cnet.com>.
Eli Marmor wrote:

>Cody Sherr wrote:
>
>>Are there build instructions for building Apache 2.0 with the http proxy
>>enabled? The only reference at apache.org I found has a dead link:
>>
>>http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/mod/mod_proxy.html

for the moment,
copy httpd-proxy/module-2.0/*
to httpd-2.0/modules/proxy

in httpd-2.0
$ ./buildconf
$ ./configure  (other args) --enable-proxy=shared --enable-proxy-http=shared

works for me.
..Ian

Posted by Eli Marmor <ma...@netmask.it>.