Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Les Hughes <le...@rubus.com> on 2002/06/21 11:42:30 UTC

RE: Perforce tasks

Hi,

Thanks for you feedback. Can you submit a patch for the documentation to
ant-dev?

As for changing p4counter - well, the perms required to update counters in
perforce are quiet "powerful". Since these grant a whole bunch of perms, I
haven't actually found the counter to be of much use. Have you seen the
counter task? I'd rather use this with a p4edit and p4submit to keep the
build number in a file. The other way is to use the script task and do
something like

<target name="label">
<p4counter name="buildnumber" property="p4.build.count"/>
<script language="javascript">
<![CDATA[
var count;
count = parseInt(label.getProject().getProperty("p4.build.count"));
if(isNaN(count)) count =0;
label.getProject().setProperty("p4.build.count",++count);
]]>
</script>
<p4counter name="buildnumber" value="${p4.build.count}"/>

But anyway, feel free to change the code - it's not mine anymore, it's
everybodies/anybodies - and submit a patch to ant-dev.

Oh and BTW, this'll probably open up the mutable properties can of worms
again ;-)

Bye,

Les
PS. Again, I dont mind answering direct but could you keep you mails to
ant-dev or ant-user? That way they get into the archive and everyone
benefits. Ta.