Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Luminous Heart <lu...@yahoo.com> on 2002/07/14 22:51:23 UTC

jdk1.4 vs jdk1.2

Tomcat 4.1.7 fails to compile any jsp files giving
some stupid error about handleException. If I change
the JDK to 1.2 everything works fine. Is tomcat4.1.x
allergic to jdk1.4?

Re: jdk1.4 vs jdk1.2

Posted by Nikola Milutinovic <Ni...@ev.co.yu>.
> Tomcat 4.1.7 fails to compile any jsp files giving
> some stupid error about handleException. If I change
> the JDK to 1.2 everything works fine. Is tomcat4.1.x
> allergic to jdk1.4?

Perhaps it is, that's why there is a Tomcat LE version, tailored for JRE 1.4.

Nix.

RE: jdk1.4 vs jdk1.2

Posted by Jacob Hookom <ho...@uwec.edu>.
I'm running 4.0.4 with 4.1.7's jasper and commons packages with jdk1.4
installed.  I had to make quite a few modifications to my application
code (mainly in my own taglibs because of the difference in the way tag
pooling handled my page execution).  Also, you need to make sure any
changes you make to your system itself, be sure to dump your working
directory for tomcat.

Jacob Hookom
CS Student
University of Wisconsin, Eau Claire