Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by "Rose, John B" <jb...@utk.edu> on 2017/11/10 21:24:35 UTC

[users@httpd] yum update puts back removed Apache modules

It seems as though “yum” update has replaced Apache modules installed in the default installation, that we had removed after the initial install because they weren’t used.

Is there some way to prevent that from happening?

thanks

Re: [users@httpd] yum update puts back removed Apache modules

Posted by pd...@xmission.com.
Oops, forgot to paste the link. It looks like you got the answer, but
to complete my response here you go:
https://access.redhat.com/solutions/10185

Quoting pdoubek@xmission.com:

Posted by "Rose, John B" <jb...@utk.edu>.
Thanks  John

On 11/10/17, 4:38 PM, "John Iliffe" <jo...@iliffe.ca> wrote:

    yum doesn't know when you install a programme by compiling it that it is
    there unless you update the package history database, so it goes by it's
    previous record (the apache version that you superseded).

    There is a yum option to exclude specific packages from a yum update.  I
    seem to recall that it is --exclude <package> but you can find it in the man
    file.

    The newer version of yum, dnf, is a bit more flexible if you have the option
    to update, and the command for dnf is -x <package name>

    Regards,

    John

Posted by John Iliffe <jo...@iliffe.ca>.