Posted to general@james.apache.org by limincn <li...@hotmail.com> on 2009/11/13 10:03:52 UTC

How to configure the Websphere Business Event with apache-james

I want to use apache-james to send a mail in Websphere Business Event.

I am sure the configuration in mail connect of Action is correct because I
do the configuration according to the Websphere Business Event Help.

I am also sure that configuration of apache-james is right because I write a
test case by using javaMail and the mail can be sent normally via
apache-james.

but when I want to use apache-james in the Websphere Business Event, the
mail can not be sent normally neither using ****@cn.ibm.com or using
<**...@cn.ibm.com>.

error log is:
Mail reply: (****@cn.ibm.com) 501 5.1.7 Syntax error in MAIL command

Version is
Websphere business events 6.2
apache-james 2.3.2

Anyone can help me to solve this problem. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to configure the Websphere Business Event with apache-james

Posted by Danny Angus <da...@gmail.com>.
add it to the smtp server block

Posted by limincn <li...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by limincn <li...@hotmail.com>.
Hello

I used the following way you mentioned below and found that neithor the
abc@cn.ibm.com nor <ab...@ibm.com>, the result passed to the James was
abc@cn.ibm.com without "<>".

Do you know how to configue the James to make James can parse the mail
Address without "<>".

For example abc@cn.ibm.com.

Posted by Norman Maurer <no...@googlemail.com>.
Maybe websphere is not using <....> in mail from. You can disable the
need of the <..> in mail from by setting the following in smtpserver
component configuration (config.xml).

         <addressBracketsEnforcement>false</addressBracketsEnforcement>

Bye,
Norman

>>> 2. <ab...@cn.ibm.com>
>>> 3. "ABC" <ab...@cn.ibm.com>