Posted to rivet-dev@tcl.apache.org by Massimo Manghi <ma...@unipr.it> on 2010/10/10 22:15:11 UTC

more commits for debian packaging

I've been doing a few commits of files in the debian/ directory. I built 2
packages out of rivet and submitted them for adoption by a debian sponsor
(this might take an unpredictable long time). This process required a few
commits of files in the debian/ dir. Since the scope of the these procedures
is confined to the creation of a .deb I didn't bother to discuss them on this
list.

Also doc/Makefile.am was changed to avoid the html manual be deleted by the
package generation process. The 'clean' target has been renamed as 'distclean'
and therefore the manual is removed only if a deeper cleaning is needed. After
all it makes sense and I think I will commit this change into repository too.

Last but not least, I will merge the changes made in trunk into the 2_0 branch
in order to clear the way for further changes that may break the compatibility
with tcl8.4

-- Massimo

Re: more commits for debian packaging

Posted by Harald Oehlmann <Ha...@Elmicron.de>.
Hi Massimo,

Am 11.10.2010 11:17, schrieb Massimo Manghi:
> As to the rpms build: it's up to you and Suse. I did the split because
> the astoundingly complicated debian packaging system automatically
> created a template for the 'doc' packages. I took it as a chance to
> learn how to build packages with a  degree of complexity at least a step
> beyond the trivial.

thank you for the message. So I will go into action if any user
requires. I like it simple and sending package and doc together is IMHO
simple ;-)

Harald

Re: more commits for debian packaging

Posted by Massimo Manghi <ma...@unipr.it>.
Hi Harald,

The Debian packaging system turned out to be much more demanding than
expected. There are a few things still to be fixed but I'm confident I
will be able to have a package that fulfills the debian policy in a few
days. If David Zolli is interested to try it out right away I can send
him the packages built either for amd64 or i386.

Posted by Harald Oehlmann <Ha...@Elmicron.de>.