Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Richard Richter <ri...@bgs.sk> on 2001/06/22 15:22:28 UTC

JkMount in httpd.conf

Hello...

I'm using Apache with mod_jk and Tomcat for jsps and servlets. JSP is without
problem, but servlet don't want to run. Because informations about absolute path
of requested document is written to terminal, where Tomcat was started, I found
out that servlet (URI:
http://poseidon.bgs.sk:4444/intranet/WEB-INF/classes/Hello) is not translated
from relative to absolute path - nothing apears on terminal.

I think, that Apache don't redirect this request to Tomcat (or appropriate
worker)... my httpd.conf has this section:

<VirtualHost poseidon.bgs.sk:4444>
        ServerAdmin virgo@poseidon.bgs.sk
        DocumentRoot /export/home/virgo/web-data
        <Location /export/home/virgo/web-data>
                Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
                AllowOverride None
                SetHandler default-handler
                Order allow,deny
                Allow from all
        </Location>
        ServerName poseidon.bgs.sk
        JkMount /*.jsp virgo
        JkMount /intranet/* virgo
        ErrorLog /opt/oracle/ias/product/8.1.7/Apache/Apache/logs/error4444_log
        TransferLog /opt/oracle/ias/product/8.1.7/Apache/Apache/logs/access4444_
log
</VirtualHost>

*.jsp works good, but second JkMount not... I tried many versions of second
field of that line - but nothing. Always 404 Forbidden (Apache signed on the
bottom of page ;-))... How I have to force Apache to redirect requests for
servlets (eg. for URI specified upper) to Tomcat (or worker called virgo in my
case)???

Thanks for any suggestion

Richard Richter (richter@bgs.sk)
Application Programmer, Business Global Systems a. s.

Re: JkMount in httpd.conf

Posted by Dmitri Colebatch <di...@nuix.com.au>.
I'm not sure if this has been solved or not, but I had problems getting the
virtual hosts to work in server.xml when the virtual host was based on port
and not name.  Is this is what you're trying to do?

cheers
dim