Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Raul Dias <ra...@dias.com.br> on 2005/11/08 19:10:26 UTC

Habeas?

Hi,

What happened to Habeas support in SA?

More than a year ago there was a discussion about using habeas.

There were patchs in there site (gone/broken link) and it would be
incorporated into SA 3.0.x.

Now we have SA 3.1 and no sign of habeas support.

Is it gone for good?

Raul Dias

Re: Habeas?

Posted by Kelson <ke...@speed.net>.
Dan Mahoney, System Admin wrote:
> On Wed, 9 Nov 2005, Martin [iso-8859-1] Schröder wrote:
>
>> On 2005-11-08 17:37:01 -0500, Matt Kettler wrote:
>>> Actually, more to the point.. Habeas doesn't use or support
>>> plain-SWE anymore.
>>
>> Thanks. Habeas didn't bother to tell their "customers".
>
> http://www.habeas.com/en-US/FAQ_Miscellaneous.php#8

"Oh yes, they were 'on display' in the bottom of a locked filing cabinet
stuck in a disused lavatory with a sign on the door saying 'Beware of
the leopard.'"

Theoretically, Habeas had my address on file as an individual... I don't
know, licensee?.  While I knew they were re-focusing on whitelist-based
solutions, this thread was the first I'd learned that they'd essentially
abandoned the haiku.

People generally don't re-read FAQs on a regular basis to see if there
are any updates.  They go there when they have specific questions.  If
the question never comes up, they aren't going to go look for the answer.

--
Kelson Vibber

Re: [sa-list] Re: Habeas?

Posted by "Dan Mahoney, System Admin" <da...@prime.gushi.org>.
On Wed, 9 Nov 2005, Martin [iso-8859-1] Schr�der wrote:

> On 2005-11-08 17:37:01 -0500, Matt Kettler wrote:
>> Actually, more to the point.. Habeas doesn't use or support plain-SWE anymore.
>
> Thanks. Habeas didn't bother to tell their "customers".

http://www.habeas.com/en-US/FAQ_Miscellaneous.php#8

--

"It doesn't matter where I live, because I live in dataspace.  That's my
hometown."

-Steve Roberts, Builder of BEHEMOTH

Posted by Martin Schröder <ma...@oneiros.de>.
On 2005-11-08 17:37:01 -0500, Matt Kettler wrote:
> Actually, more to the point.. Habeas doesn't use or support plain-SWE anymore.

Thanks. Habeas didn't bother to tell their "customers".

Best
    Martin
--
                    http://www.tm.oneiros.de

Re: Habeas?

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.

See http://www.habeas.com/

Re: Habeas?

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
Martin Schröder wrote:
> On 2005-11-08 14:04:27 -0500, Matt Kettler wrote:
>
>>It's a DNS based test now, so you need Net::DNS installed and network tests
>>enabled...
>

> Why?
>
> Best
>     Martin (whose mails are Habeas SWE)

SA 3.1.0 does NOT use the plain habeas SWE anymore. Period.

SA has been changed to only use the Habeas accreditation system. This system is
completely different from the SWE and requires a network based DNS lookup to
work. It cannot work any other way.

Re: Habeas?

Posted by Theo Van Dinter <fe...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Nov 08, 2005 at 10:45:26PM +0100, Martin Schröder wrote:
> > It's a DNS based test now, so you need Net::DNS installed and network tests
> > enabled...
>
> Why?
>     Martin (whose mails are Habeas SWE)

In the same way that sending mail to spamassassin-users@incubator.apache.org
has been deprecated in favor of users@spamassassin.apache.org ...

The SWE has been deprecated in favor of the accreditation DNS versions.

--
Randomly Generated Tagline:
Above all else -- sky.

Re: Habeas?

Posted by Martin Schröder <ma...@oneiros.de>.

Re: Habeas?

Posted by Matt Kettler <mk...@evi-inc.com>.
Raul Dias wrote:
> My bad.  I grep the wrong dir.
>
> Do I need to enable it?
>
> It doesn't seem to be working here.
>
> ( and now that I said that I can't find a habeas message here to test
> *grin*)

It's a DNS based test now, so you need Net::DNS installed and network tests
enabled...

For what it's worth, I can tell you the motley fool investment newsletters from
www.fool.com match HABEAS_ACCREDITED_SOI.

Re: Habeas?

Posted by Raul Dias <ra...@dias.com.br>.
My bad.  I grep the wrong dir.