Posted to dev@jackrabbit.apache.org by Thanneermalai Lakshmanan <tm...@beyondbytes.co.in> on 2010/01/04 11:19:52 UTC

Multiple repository connection - local access

Hai,

This is my first mail to Jackrabbit dev list . I have few doubts

I am using the jackrabbit in embedded mode.

How can I connect(sessions) to jackrabbit repository concurrently with different users - I am trying the local access rather than RMI route.I tried to find an example but all I see is with TransientRepository ,the lock file prevents concurrent connections.

Is there a way to create a connection(session) to repository with out creating the lock file .

Please help me find the right doc or example.

Regards
Thanneermalai

Beyond Bytes Technologies
+91 9008017802

Re: Multiple repository connection - local access

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com>.
On Mon, Jan 4, 2010 at 11:19, Thanneermalai Lakshmanan
<tm...@beyondbytes.co.in> wrote:
> How can I connect(sessions) to jackrabbit repository concurrently with different users - I am trying the local access rather than RMI route.I tried to find an example but all I see is with TransientRepository ,the lock file prevents concurrent connections.
>
> Is there a way to create a connection(session) to repository with out creating the lock file .

You need one (Transient) repository instance, running all the time.
Then, for each user, you login() and create a separate session.

Regards,
Alex

--
Alexander Klimetschek