Posted to dev@samza.apache.org by Malcolm McFarland <mm...@cavulus.com> on 2019/05/23 17:44:50 UTC

AM resource needs

Hey folks,

Are there any guidelines for how to provision an Application Master in
relation to the number of StreamTask instances it will be managing? Ie, are
there different memory, CPU, and thread-count figures for 100S StreamTasks
vs 1000, vs 10000?

Cheers,
Malcolm McFarland
Cavulus

This correspondence is from HealthPlanCRM, LLC, d/b/a Cavulus. Any
unauthorized or improper disclosure, copying, distribution, or use of the
contents of this message is prohibited. The information contained in this
message is intended only for the personal and confidential use of the
recipient(s) named above. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the sender immediately and delete the original message.

Re: AM resource needs

Posted by Jagadish Venkatraman <ja...@gmail.com>.
Yup, if that doesn't work for any reason, you can increase memory in 1G
increments.
Ensure that you have some head-room on top of your Xmx to account for native
memory

Re: AM resource needs

Posted by Malcolm McFarland <mm...@cavulus.com>.

Re: AM resource needs