Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Oscar van Eijk <os...@oveas.com> on 2005/03/29 16:07:09 UTC

Newbie question; how to start a project

Hi All,

I'm not sure this is the correct place for asking this question, but I've got
to start somewhere.

For a few years I'm walking around with ideas to create a new email standard,
one that would make spam virtually impossible.

The idea is very simple, and technically it's not a real problem to build it.
I could build the software for it, but the basis is more a replacement for
the current SMTP standard, rather than just some new software.

What's required for something like that, is large support in the community,
hence my mail here :-)

I don't mind sharing my idea with others, but I don't wanna give any clues
right now. It must be something open, and if the idea is indeed as good as I
think it is (I might be overlooking something...), I don't want anyone to get
it patented, so that's why I'm careful at this point; there's no commercial
meaning behind it from my side, and it should stay that way.

Suggestions anyone? If this mailinglist is not the right place for this,
pointers are welcome.

Thanks,
Oscar van Eijk