Posted to dev@pig.apache.org by Nigel Daley <nd...@yahoo-inc.com> on 2007/11/07 21:57:48 UTC

Regular Pig builds

I'd like to setup regular Pig builds and tests.  Ideally, I'd like to
use Hudson as our continuous integration build server since I already
administer a Hudson instance at http://lucene.zones.apache.org:8080/
hudson/ for other Apache projects.

The other option is Continuum running at http://vmbuild.apache.org
but I find Continuum far less intuitive from a user standpoint (and I
have no experience administering Continuum).

Thoughts?

Nige

RE: Regular Pig builds

Posted by Olga Natkovich <ol...@yahoo-inc.com>.
I am +1 as well.

Olga

> I'd like to setup regular Pig builds and tests.  Ideally, I'd like to
> use Hudson as our continuous integration build server since I already
> administer a Hudson instance at
> http://lucene.zones.apache.org:8080/hudson/ for other Apache projects.

Hudson's certainly proven very useful to Hadoop.  It automates what
would other be tedious parts of the patch review process.

> The other option is Continuum running at http://vmbuild.apache.org but

> I find Continuum far less intuitive from a user standpoint (and I have

> no experience administering Continuum).

If you're willing to setup Hudson, then I'm +1 for Hudson.

Doug

Re: Regular Pig builds

Posted by Doug Cutting <cu...@apache.org>.