Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Thai Le <ln...@gmail.com> on 2023/03/20 15:56:18 UTC

artemis operator: MQ222141: Node Manager can not open file /opt/activemq-artemis-broker/data/journal/server.lock

Hello,
I asked the question in artemis cloud github discussion but I got no reply
so maybe I will get better luck here. I am trying to enable persistence for
my broker, here is the deployment plan section:
```
deploymentPlan:
    size: {{ .Values.replicas }}
    image: placeholder
    requireLogin: true
    persistenceEnabled: {{ .Values.persistence.enabled }}
    {{- if .Values.persistence.enabled }}
    storage:
      size: {{ .Values.persistence.size }}
      storageClassName: {{ .Values.persistence.storageClass }}
    {{- end }}
    resources:
      requests:
        cpu: {{ .Values.resources.requests.cpu }}
        memory: {{ .Values.resources.requests.memory }}
```

I am running k3s and i created a persistence volume as follow:
```
apiVersion: v1
kind: PersistentVolume
metadata:
  name: my-pv
spec:
  storageClassName: gp2-ncp
  capacity:
    storage: 2Gi
  accessModes:
    - ReadWriteOnce
  hostPath:
    path: /data/my-pv
```
however, when i deploy the plan, i got this error:
`MQ222141: Node Manager can not open file
/opt/activemq-artemis-broker/data/journal/server.lock
java.io.IOException: No such file or directory`
I'm not sure if this is due to my PV not set up correctly or i am missing a
config in my deploymentPlan. Hope to get some hint on this.
Thai Le

--
Where there is will, there is a way

Re: artemis operator: MQ222141: Node Manager can not open file /opt/activemq-artemis-broker/data/journal/server.lock

Posted by Thai Le <ln...@gmail.com>.
Thank you for your suggestion, Inside the broker container i saw
/opt/activemq-artemis-broker/data so the journal folder was not created. My
colleague suggested setting
podSecurityContext:
  fsGroup: 0
and it seem to work, i suppose it is due to the volume security

Regards

Thai Le
podSecurityContext: fsGroup: 0podSecurityContext: fsGroup: 0podSecurityContext:
fsGroup: