Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Borut Bolčina <bo...@najdi.si> on 2005/09/12 08:43:42 UTC

[Fwd: Re: OpenOffice]

Hi, are there any guidelines or rules of how to write in OpenOffice
(which styles to use) to be able to produce pages like it is
demonstrated at http://forrest.apache.org/dtdx/document-v20.html.

I also took a peek at apache lenya. If only I could integrate forrest
with editing capabilities of lenya's build in editors.

Is the majority of forrest doc written by hand in xdoc? Any other
techniques?

-Borut

Amazing! =-O    It works!

Re: [Fwd: Re: OpenOffice]

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Borut Bolčina wrote:
> Hi, are there any guidelines or rules of how to write in OpenOffice
> (which styles to use) to be able to produce pages like it is
> demonstrated at http://forrest.apache.org/dtdx/document-v20.html.

There is a a template document in the plugin docs, you can see its
output at
http://forrest.apache.org/pluginDocs/plugins_0_70/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.OpenOffice.org/samples/openoffice-writer.html

You will find it on your local install or at
http://svn.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/*checkout*/forrest/trunk/plugins/org.apache.forrest.plugin.input.OpenOffice.org/src/documentation/content/xdocs/samples/openoffice-writer-howto.sxw

[NOTE to Forrest Devs, we need to patch the plugin docs so that this
file can be downloaded from the plugin docs site]

> I also took a peek at apache lenya. If only I could integrate forrest
> with editing capabilities of lenya's build in editors.

We are working on this with the Lenya folk, but there is no ETA yet. We
already have dull integration with the Daisy CMS
(http://www.cocoondev.org/daisy) although this is only for 1.2 (they
just released 1.3). The changes needed for 1.3 support are minimal.

The work on the Lenya plugin is also fairly minimal if you would like to
join us on the dev list and get it working. It really depends on the
strength of your need.

> Is the majority of forrest doc written by hand in xdoc? Any other
> techniques?

We tend to write them by hand at this time, it's easy for technical folk
;-) The Lenya, Daisy and OpenOffice.org plugins are more for the
non-technical user.

Ross