Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by KK...@bca-group.com on 2004/04/21 11:31:58 UTC

WSDL :: WS-I Basic Profile ? ['Watchdog': checked] ['Watchdog': Virus checked]

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me what is the need for WS-I basic profile,
what is it, why we need to confirm to its standard.
WSDL 1.1 itself a specification isn't it, then y do we need to confirm to
ws-i standard.

In my application we integrate .net and j2ee, please give ur thoughts it
will be helpful for me. I am at
design stage now.

thanks,
-kannan

This email and any attachments to it may contain confidential information
intended for the addressee only. If you are not the intended addressee, you
are strictly prohibited from disclosing, copying, distributing or using
this email in any way. Unauthorised use of the information contained in
this email is unlawful. If you have received this email in error please
notify us on enquiries@bca-group.com and delete the email from your system.

Information contained in this email can not be disclosed, copied,
distributed or used in any way without the prior consent of the sender. Any
opinions, advice or facts given in this email are given without warranty or
the intention to enter into an agreement unless specifically stated and
confirmed by agreement, letter or such other documentation signed by an
authorised signatory of BCA Holdings Limited or any of its subsidiary
companies.

Any personal information contained in this email is strictly the view of
the sender and is in no way authorised or attributable to BCA Holdings
Limited or any of its subsidiary companies in any way. All emails through
the company gateway are subject to monitoring. The company cannot be held
liable for any errors or viruses contained in this message.

RE: WSDL :: WS-I Basic Profile ? ['Watchdog': checked] ['Watchdog': Virus checked]

Posted by Nelson Minar <ne...@monkey.org>.
>In order to enable interoperability, the community decided to "profile"
>these specs -- to resolve these inaccuracies, inconsistencies, errors, and
>ambiguities. That's what the WS-I Basic Profile is.

By the way, the Basic Profile is a very readable document.
  http://www.ws-i.org/Profiles/Basic/2003-08/BasicProfile-1.0a.html
If you focus on the normative rules (Rnnnn) and then read the
motivations behind them it's pretty straightforward.

RE: WSDL :: WS-I Basic Profile ? ['Watchdog': checked] ['Watchdog': Virus checked]

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <an...@manes.net>.
The SOAP 1.1 and WSDL 1.1 specifications aren't really standards. They never
went through a rigorous standardization effort, and no one did
interoperability testing of these specs prior to their publication. (These
specs have never been updated since they were first published in 2000.)
There are a bunch of inaccuracies, inconsistencies, errors, and ambiguities
in the specs.

In order to enable interoperability, the community decided to "profile"
these specs -- to resolve these inaccuracies, inconsistencies, errors, and
ambiguities. That's what the WS-I Basic Profile is.

If you want to integrate .NET and J2EE, you need to follow the WS-I BP
guidelines.

Anne