Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Pid <p...@pidster.com> on 2007/10/26 13:52:38 UTC

[OT] Re: JDBC Realm with case insensitive user name

Peter Stavrinides wrote:
>>The most common reason...blah blah
>
> You know pid, just because people ask questions doesn't mean they are
> stupid, so why treat them that way? If you can read 'carefully' you can
> notice that the path was given as well as the relevant config in
> server.xml. So If the path was incorrect you could see it immediately, I
> didn't write this because it seemed like a good idea, it was there for a
> purpose.
>
>> That's a lot of attitude for someone who wants help from the list. Or am
>> I misreading your tone?
>
> You are not compelled to answer, in-fact it is preferred that you don't
> answer questions if you are going to diverge off the actual problem,
> because it side-tracks serious readers, as is becoming the case with
> this question, and the likelihood of a solution being found is
> diminished... can you understand the irritation??

erm, what?

did or did not the original question end with a query about packaging
and class not found exceptions?

someone had already taken care of the case-sensitivity point, i was
attempting to address the other one, as had Tim previously (who also got
a sharpish response from the OP).

Re: [OT] Re: JDBC Realm with case insensitive user name

Posted by Pid <p...@pidster.com>.
Pid wrote:
> Peter Stavrinides wrote:
>>> The most common reason...blah blah
>> You know pid, just because people ask questions doesn't mean they are
>> stupid, so why treat them that way? If you can read 'carefully' you can
>> notice that the path was given as well as the relevant config in
>> server.xml. So If the path was incorrect you could see it immediately, I
>> didn't write this because it seemed like a good idea, it was there for a
>> purpose.
>>
>>> That's a lot of attitude for someone who wants help from the list. Or am
>>> I misreading your tone?
>> You are not compelled to answer, in-fact it is preferred that you don't
>> answer questions if you are going to diverge off the actual problem,
>> because it side-tracks serious readers, as is becoming the case with
>> this question, and the likelihood of a solution being found is
>> diminished... can you understand the irritation??
>
> erm, what?
>
> did or did not the original question end with a query about packaging
> and class not found exceptions?
>
> someone had already taken care of the case-sensitivity point, i was
> attempting to address the other one, as had Tim previously (who also got
> a sharpish response from the OP).

(who i'm now guessing is you)

Posted by Peter Stavrinides <ps...@gmail.com>.
David, you are also arrogant!! I know what I wrote, and I know where the
classloader looks for things so Tims answer is irrelevant and so is
yours given that I have placed the jar in the correct place already and
configured server.xml correctly. You also lack basic reading skills if
you cant see this.

Posted by David Smith <dn...@cornell.edu>.