Posted to user@jspwiki.apache.org by Andrew Ducker <an...@thephoenixgroup.com> on 2022/04/18 10:32:32 UTC

RE: [External] Re: Search not working on unmodified files

Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

We completely cleared the WorkDir, to be on the safe side, and that didn’t help.

It has access to the Work and wikipages folders, as it can create them from scratch, and you can edit the Wiki files.

No mentions of “unable to index” in the logs.

In the jspwiki-custom.properties file there’s the following:
jspwiki.applicationName =IS Wiki
jspwiki.baseURL = <removed>
jspwiki.frontPage = Main
jspwiki.pageProvider =VersioningFileProvider
jspwiki.fileSystemProvider.pageDir =d:/JSPWiki/JSPWikiPages/Pages/wiki/
jspwiki.basicAttachmentProvider.storageDir =d:/JSPWiki/JSPWikiPages/Attachments/wiki/
jspwiki.interWikiRef.Notes = Notes:%s
jspwiki.translatorReader.inlinePattern.1 = *.jpg
jspwiki.translatorReader.inlinePattern.2 = *.png
jspwiki.translatorReader.inlinePattern.3 = http://images.com/*
jspwiki.rss.generate =true
jspwiki.rss.channelDescription = IS Wiki
mail.from =@mail.from@
mail.smtp.host =@mail.smtp.host@
jspwiki.workDir =d:/JSPWiki/WorkingDirectory/iswiki/
jspwiki.security = jaas

Lucene-specific things in the logs:
[INFO ] 2022-04-13 13:44:48.094 [main] o.a.w.s.LuceneSearchProvider - Lucene enabled, cache will be in: d:\JSPWiki\WorkingDirectory\iswiki\lucene
[WARN ] 2022-04-13 13:44:48.725 [JSPWiki Lucene Indexer] o.a.w.WikiBackgroundThread - Starting up background thread: JSPWiki Lucene Indexer.
[INFO ] 2022-04-13 13:45:48.732 [JSPWiki Lucene Indexer] o.a.w.s.LuceneSearchProvider - Files found in Lucene directory, not reindexing.

So could it be starting to index, thinking it’s already indexed (despite the whole WorkingDir being cleared out) and then stopping near-instantly?

Thanks again,

Andy

Posted by Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andrew, Jim,

all these issues should've been fixed in 2.11.3-git-07, so no more
ehcache tweaking should be needed (unless you want it to), would you
mind trying with latest master and confirm it?

thx,
juan pablo

Posted by Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andrew, Jim,

Posted by Jim Willeke <ji...@willeke.com>.
I found this one:

Posted by Andrew Ducker <an...@thephoenixgroup.com>.
Is there an example ehcache file somewhere?  It doesn’t get created anywhere automatically that I can see, and it’s not in the https://jspwiki-wiki.apache.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Configuration documentation.

Cheers,

Andy

The instance on version 2.10.1 (https://ldapwiki.com/wiki/SystemInfo<https://ldapwiki.com/wiki/SystemInfo>) is

Posted by Jim Willeke <ji...@willeke.com>.

The instance on version 2.10.1 (https://ldapwiki.com/wiki/SystemInfo)  is

Posted by Andrew Ducker <an...@thephoenixgroup.com>.
Hi,

Possibly got there.

We removed the OLD folder, which contains all of the history, and then it all scanned in.

We used Luke to check how many documents were indexed, and with the OLD subdirectory there it only indexed about 1,000 documents.  With that removed it got all of them (about 13,000 documents).

Does that make any sense why it would happen?

Andy

Posted by Juan Pablo Santos Rodríguez <ju...@gmail.com>.
Hi!