Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by Stojce Dimski <sd...@yahoo.it> on 2008/03/13 14:33:44 UTC

Thinking about methods

1) I was looking at HttpMETHOD_NAME.java classes and was thinking,
those are substantially a 'bean' classes without any logic inside and
doesn't justify their existence as a separate classes. How about
creating a something like 'HttpClientRequestFactory' similar to a
'HttpRequestFactory'. Default implementation maybe can be extended for
other situations as 'WebDAV' or others... ? If you think is a good idea
I can take care of implementation...

2) What about removing 'getMethod' from HttpUriRequest as there is
getRequestLine().getMethod() ?

3) Or maybe abolishing the HttpUriRequest and instead using extended
RequestLine with additional getURI() same as
Http(EntityEnclosing)Request ?

WDYT,
Stojce

      Inviato da Yahoo! Mail.
Il servizio di posta con lo spazio illimitato.
http://it.docs.yahoo.com/mail/overview/index.html

Re: Thinking about methods

Posted by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org>.
On Thu, 2008-03-13 at 14:33 +0100, Stojce Dimski wrote:
> 1) I was looking at HttpMETHOD_NAME.java classes and was thinking,
> those are substantially a 'bean' classes without any logic inside and
> doesn't justify their existence as a separate classes. How about
> creating a something like 'HttpClientRequestFactory' similar to a
> 'HttpRequestFactory'. Default implementation maybe can be extended for
> other situations as 'WebDAV' or others... ? If you think is a good idea
> I can take care of implementation...

Sure. Go for it. But please keep HttpMETHOD_NAME.java classes

> 2) What about removing 'getMethod' from HttpUriRequest as there is
> getRequestLine().getMethod() ?

Well, not that the method adds a lot of overhead, but if you think that
would make the API cleaner, go for it

> 3) Or maybe abolishing the HttpUriRequest and instead using extended
> RequestLine with additional getURI() same as
> Http(EntityEnclosing)Request ?

That would require an interface cast, which I personally tend to dislike

Oleg