Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by 楊閔富 <ti...@gmail.com> on 2016/06/29 00:00:28 UTC

Does schema merge on keys with different types is allowed?

The issue https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SPARK-15516 that is about
schema merging on keys with different types need to be clarified. Does
anyone know the behaviour of schema merging when encountering different
types?

Re: Does schema merge on keys with different types is allowed?

Posted by Hyukjin Kwon <gu...@gmail.com>.
I have tested that issue manually and looked into the codes before.

It seems it does not support to find a compatible type.

https://github.com/apache/spark/blob/b914e1930fd5c5f2808f92d4958ec6fbeddf2e30/sql/catalyst/src/main/scala/org/apache/spark/sql/types/StructType.scala#L396-L465